Spiritual Abuse Awareness Week




We are in the middle of Spiritual Abuse Awareness Week.  I admit that I was unaware of this fact until this morning.  However, I am so encouraged by the fact that there is such a week.  There are many of us - yes, us.  I include myself in this group - who know all too well the damage and hurt of spiritual abuse.  I know it has to be a God thing that I have been writing for the past few weeks about my own, personal experiences with legalism.  At this point, some of this writing is just journaling.  Some of it is very personal - personal in the way that it could point the finger at others.  This part I know will not be published.  But at the same time, I have to write out those details in order for healing within myself to occur.  Other areas of my writing are including a more vague retelling of these experiences, including Bible Verses and studies that have helped me throughout the entire ordeal.  These I have made public, most frequently on my Facebook page.  For the next few days, however, I do want to include some of these experiences here. 

How does spiritual abuse "fit in" with differences and diversity?  I believe spiritual abuse takes away from the importance of diversity.  It does not leave room for differences.  I look forward to more inner healing through these blog entries. 

Kandy

Comments

Popular Posts