Study

I graduated in May with my master's in professional writing. This was my third master's degree, my fifth degree.  My next goal is to pursue my PhD in history.  However, I have felt the need to take a break from college for a couple different reasons.  One reason is I want to spend more time with my family.  My fourteen-year son old suggested to me, when I finished my MA in professional writing, that I take a year off just to spend more time with family.  I love that he suggested this.  He communicated with me that I needed this break, and that they did as well.  That also worked out well financially.  I need to find a way to finance my PhD.  I have a few ideas in mind, but, as I said, I am taking a break right now. 



That, however, does not mean I have taken a break from studying.  I need studying in my life.  I have blogged a little about how this has been my summer of studying sinners.  My Summer Study of Sinners has developed into a full-fledged study of Oscar Wilde.  I have what I consider an interesting thesis for a new paper.  I am gathering my research and sources.  (Have I mentioned I love Thriftbooks?)    Honest-to-goodness writing has emerged from this research.  This research has also spurred me to contemplate how Wilde's writing could contribute to a research subject I began with my MA in history and continued with my MA in professional writing. I can say without hesitation that the quality of my research on Oscar Wilde is equal to the quality of research I did for my graduate-level work. 



I have discovered the importance of unschooling parents unschooling themselves.  This study is a way for me to do so.  It is also a way use all those study skills I honed through my college education.  I may not be pursuing my PhD as of yet.  However, I will not waste my time by being idle.  I will continue my research and studies for my own benefit and, perhaps, for the benefit of those who read my research.  Studying is a beautiful thing. 

Comments

Popular Posts