Imperfections

I love the Bohemian look in home decor.  I love that it's mismatched.  I love that its flaws show, but they are not flaunted.  I love that it's not refined.  I love that it's not perfect.  


I get stressed around perfection - or, perhaps I should say, attempted perfection.  When I feel the aura of attempted perfection, I distance myself from that person or situation.  Just like I need the negative amidst the positive, I need the flaws in human nature.   


I do not want to see a journey to perfection or even a quest for such an attribute.  I not only want to see where the paint is chipped, but I want to see it being okay that the paint is chipped and to know that it may very well chip more.  I want to see the glass has been broken and glued back together - not that there is a pursuit for the glass to eventually be completely whole with no evidence of it ever being fractured.  


That's what I like about Bohemian decor.  There are pieces of furniture and knick-knacks and curtains put together that do not belong together.  There are pieces missing.  Something new and shiny sits next to something damaged.  It's flawless.  NO!  It's not flawless.   It's imperfect.  
And that is even better.  There's beauty in imperfections.  


Comments

Popular Posts