Nerd

Today I had the chance to indulge my nerd side.  Yes, nerd is a title I often flaunt.  I love being what traditional society considers a nerd.  Call it rebellion.  It is really just a reflection of my own identity.  

Today, my sister and I traveled back to Canton, Kansas, the home of the Victorian tea shop I fell in love with a couple of months ago when my family and I visited there.  I traveled back to attend a Great Gatsby Tea!  How perfect is that?  I generally prefer novels written during or at least set in the nineteenth century.  However, I do love The Great Gatsby.  I read it a few months ago as a part of my Roaring Twenties celebration (the '20s are almost here again, you know).  I've always loved the movie and so enjoyed finally reading the book.  

Today's Great Gatsby tea was fun and relaxing.  I admit I have never been a big tea drinker, but I did enjoy my chocolate hazelnut tea, scones, finger sandwiches, and decadent desserts (including cherry cheese cake).   I love such opportunities to step back in time and fulfill my nerdy needs.  





  

  

Comments

Popular Posts