Thesis - A History of Oppression

For my master's in professional writing, I am currently working on a thesis over the stigma associated with using Marxist sources in Christian advocacy writing that focuses upon historical, social inequalities.  This is such an interesting topic.  It's one about which I am passionate because it coincides so well with my favorite area of historical research - the social effects of Industrialism.  I've been studying this era and this topic since I started writing my novel close to two years ago.  That research has led me to complete two papers over the 1834 British Poor Laws, another paper over Communism, and a paper over British, social dialects (and how they reflected the stereotypes against the poor).  There are so many ways the Industrial Revolution coincides with issues in our society today - issues of oppression and classism.

I'm including with this post photos of an art project I recently created.  Granted, I am not a visual artist; but the project coincides with my research.  I'm also including some photos of some of my favorite antiques that are a part of my collection.  These antiques reflect the methods people used to dull the pain caused by industrialism.  Can't you see how similar this is to today's society?











Comments

Popular Posts