Flowered Pants

A few months ago, I saw a new pair of pants that I wanted to get.  Today, I bought them.

They're not your typical pants.  Especially for someone who will be forty in fewer than two months.

You see, these pants are white with pink and blue and yellow and turquoise and green flowers.  They remind me a lot of pants that I wore when I was growing up in the '80s.  Back then, I had a pair of black jeans with blue flowers screen printed on them.  And I had a pair of white stirrup pants (remember those?) with various colors of paint splotches.  My mom always thought it was just a phase.  She often told people, "I don't know why she likes those."  But I did.

By the time I was in my late teens, the bright, bold colored, flower-printed pants were out of style.  My mom asked me if I would still wear those kinds of pants.  I told her I wouldn't, but I really would have.

I guess some things are not just a phase.

Comments

Popular Posts