Being Heard

One thing I have discovered about myself - I do not like being in a so-called leadership position for a company or church or organization.  Maybe that's why God has not allowed me to have one of those positions.  Just imagine a manager at a large, multi-million dollar corporation standing against the unfair work practices.  Or imagine a respected leader in a church standing against an abusive pastor or abusive doctrine.  It just doesn't happen - except on rare occasions.  They have too much to lose - power, prestige, the respect of the higher-ups, the possibility of moving even farther up the ladder since they already have a foot in the door so to speak.

I believe Jesus set this example.  Jesus did not come to Earth to become a leader among the Pharisees.  Just imagine what may have happened had he not stood against what the Pharisees were doing and being.  He may have been accepted by them.  They may have loved His teachings.  But He didn't, and neither did they.  Because He spoke the truth.

Things haven't changed much.  I, personally, do not want to be one who is afraid to speak out against what is wrong.  I do not want to be afraid to stand up for what is right.  I want to be a voice, not only for those who cannot speak, but also for those who will not be heard when they do.  That is more important to me than position and authority or even respect.

Comments

Popular Posts