Disorderly Conduct


This photo was taken yesterday at a science museum we visited (they have a Medieval castle play area).

It is rather appropriate, though.  I'm sure if I had lived in Medieval times, I would have been put in the stocks and burned at the stake early-on.  (Ironically, I have always thought it would be interesting to visit this time era.  I guess I would have to behave myself - for a while at least).

Heck, sometimes I am accused of being disorderly in 2015.  If disorderly means thinking for myself, not how I am told to think; refusing to conform for the sake of conformity; and not planning my life by society's standards and etiquette, then I guess I am guilty.  If it means standing up for for a fair life for everyone, regardless of class or gender or sexual orientation or race or age; put me in the stocks.  If it means following God's lead rather than man-made doctrine on Biblical interpretation and real-life learning rather than forced educational endeavors, then burn me at the stake.  

Sometimes it is better to be in societal stocks than to be in the supposed freedom that really isn't.




Comments

Popular Posts