Happy New Year

So many make New Years resolutions this time of year.  I used to, but I don't anymore.  Not because I don't keep them (although most of the time, who really does?).  It's because I truly believe God has shown me in the past few years that we are not the one in ultimate control.  He is.

Proverbs 19:21 tells us, "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (NIV).

When I think back on 2014, there are so many ways I was blessed.  One that will probably always stand out to me is my graduation from college.  It took me sixteen years to earn my degrees.  Some starts and stops.  Some trials.  But God saw it through.

I think of our vacation last year to places around Kansas.  We discovered so much.  I discovered a museum that I feel so at home when we visit.  So much history.

Nathanael, who is nine, told me he remembers that he did not get the flu in 2014.  That was the best thing for him!

What does 2015 hold?  Only God knows.  And I want to trust Him enough to know He will guide and provide.



I did some nail art today that is symbolic of the new year for me.  Notice there is no pattern.  Some blue, some sliver, some black, a little glitter here and there.  But no pattern.  At least not one that I determine.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts