Why I Am Considering Not Voting This Year

This year I have made some great strides toward emotional and spiritual healing.  I have confronted the spiritual abuse I have endured.  I have come to understand my own compulsions in the form of scrupulosity.  These are still things that I struggle with at times.  Especially the need to be perfect, to not make mistakes, to never become angry.  I want to make sure that I always think of others - sometimes at the expense of my own well-being.  If I consider myself, I feel I am doing a disservice.  It really comes down to a fear of displeasing God.  I battle this fear.  Some days are worse than others.  Today is one of those days for me.

This fear of displeasing God is why I am considering not voting this year.  You see, I really do not know who to vote for.  I want to vote in a way that I believe God is leading me to vote.  But that may not be the traditional Christian ideal.  At the same time, what if I'm wrong?  That question lingers in the back of my mind.

I have always been a voter.  But this year I'm just not sure I'm strong enough to be.  So much healing has taken place, but there is still more than needs to occur.

Comments

Popular Posts